To solve this problem:
- Login to the local machine as the Administrator or as a user who is a member of the Administrator Group.
- START > CONTROL PANEL > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS > EVENT MANAGER
(To see ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, you might need to click on SWITCH TO CLASSIC VIEW in the upper left of CONTROL PANEL.)
- In the left pane, right click on SECURITY and then select CLEAR ALL EVENTS.
(SAVE only if you want a copy of the logs.)
To prevent the problem from happening :
- In the left paneof EVENT VIEWER, right click on SECURITY and then select PROPERTIES.
- Change WHEN MAXIMUM LOG SIZE IS REACHED to OVERWRITE EVENTS AS NEEDED.