Friday, October 31, 2008
Blackberry Cheat Sheet
From the main e-mail messages screen:
- Typing “c” will put you into the address book to compose an e-mail.
- Typing “p” will jump to the top of the previous day’s e-mail messages (newest message for that day).
- Typing “n” will jump to the top of the next day’s e-mail messages (newest message for that day).
- Typing “t” will put you at the top of the e-mail screen (newest day and message) or a message.
- Typing “b” will put you at the bottom of the e-mail screen (oldest day and message) or a message.
- Hitting the spacebar will go down the message screen one page at a time and holding the “cap” key and hitting spacebar will go up the message screen one page at a time.
- Within an e-mail message, typing “r” will bring you to the reply screen.
- Within an e-mail message, typing “f” will bring you to the forward screen.
- Within a received an e-mail message, typing “p” will bring you to the previous message.
- Within a received an e-mail message, typing “n” will bring you to the next message.
- Within a received an e-mail message, typing “j” or “k” will let you jump to the next or previous message in that message thread.
- To capitalize a letter, hold down the letter for about 2 seconds.
- To use letters with accent marks or special characters, roll the wheel while holding down the letter.
- To copy text, hold down the “cap” key and roll the wheel until the text is highlighted, then push the wheel in and choose “Copy”. If you let go of the “cap” key, you can copy the whole line instead of letter-by-letter.
- If you want to delete all messages older than a certain date, scroll to the most recent date (where you want to start deleting) and push the scroll button in and select “Delete Prior”.
- From the home screen, hitting the green telephone key brings you to the phone screen. You can also start dialing a phone # from the home screen and you’ll go right into the phone screen.
- If you have a phone # with letters in it (i.e.: 1-800-GO-FEDEX), Just hold down the “alt” key while in the phone screen and dial the letters and the phone will translate for you. It also works while you’re already connected.
- To End a call, hit the red phone key.
- To mute the phone, press the mute key on top of the phone (next to the power switch).
- You can store an extension with a phone # by putting an “x” next to the phone number. After you dial the number, the phone will wait for you to choose to dial the extension. Just hit enter or push the wheel in to dial.
- To type in an appointment quickly, scroll to the time of the appointment and start typing the subject. You can change the time (if not on the hour) by hitting enter and edit the appointment details.
- You can change the month, day, year or time of an appointment by rolling to the area you want to change, holding down the “alt” key and moving the wheel or trackball up or down to make the change.
- To type in a reminder, just add the subject and inside the appointment, scroll to the “All Day Event” check box and hit the space bar. It will show up at the top of your calendar.